Community Support Services
Enabling people to achieve their goals
Step One Charity’s Community Support team provides individually tailored support to people who may have mental health issues, autism spectrum conditions or learning difficulties, helping them to live more independently in their communities. We provide activities and support to help people thrive, develop essential skills and help them learn, work, and grow with more confidence.
Our team of experienced and compassionate professionals work closely with each person to understand their unique needs, what they want to achieve, and then develops a personalised support plan to help them reach their goals.
What is community support like with Step One Charity?
We offer a wide range of community support services, including:
- Community support: We accompany people in the community to help them with activities such as job searching, attending medical appointments, and running errands. We can also assist people to access the services and support they need from other organisations.
- In-home support: We visit people’s homes to support them with daily tasks, such as managing their finances as well as cooking and cleaning skills.
- Employment support: We support people to find and maintain employment. We can provide them with assistance with CV writing and preparations for job interviews.
- Housing support: We help people to find and maintain housing. We can provide them with assistance with housing applications, budgeting, and tenant rights.
- Mental health support: We talk with people about their mental health and coping strategies. We can also assist in accessing mental health services and support groups.
Funding and Eligibility
This service is generally funded through social care funding from Devon County Council and Devon Partnership NHS Trust, direct/personal budgets from local authorities, or through self-funding.
To be eligible for Step One Charity’s Community Support Services, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18 and living in Devon
- Have had a social care assessment and funding through Devon County Council or Devon Partnership NHS Trust, or have a personal budget
Please note that these are just the general eligibility criteria. The specific requirements may vary depending on the type of support needed. Please contact Step One Charity directly for more information.
Step One's private community support
Our private community support service is available to those who are not eligible for Funding through Devon County Council, Devon Partnership Trust or feel that they may need more support than they are currently receiving. We aim to support people through their own versatile and uniquely tailored support plan.
How our private community support can help
We take the time to understand your needs and create a custom support plan to help you reach your full potential. Our recovery-focused support allows you to take positive control of your future. We also provide support with day-to-day tasks that you are finding difficult, including:
- Managing money
- Maintaining your home
- Improving relationships
- Attending appointments or services
- Applying for benefits and housing
- Social inclusion, such as finding groups or simply getting out into the community
- Respite days tailored to individual needs
Use our private service to:
- Grow independent living skills
- Boost learning and work skills
- Access your local community
- Get health and fitness support
- And more to meet your individual needs
Please contact us using the form below to enquire and for more information.