Course Booking Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please contact Thriving.Workplace@steponecharity.co.uk should you have any queries.
Minimum Age for Enrolment
Please note minimum age for enrolment:
- Learners must be a minimum of 16 years of age at time of course booking.
Cancellation of Courses and Changes to Courses, by Step One
- We reserve the right to reschedule, cancel courses or change the venue. Reasons for this may be, but not restricted to, low enrolment numbers, weather warnings and tutor availability. In this instance, a full refund will be given.
- Publicised course tutors (web and print form) may be subject to change due to tutor unavailability. Where there is a change in tutor, Step One will endeavour to give as much notice as possible in advance of individual classes or course start date.
- Many of our courses require a minimum number of enrolments. Where the courses do not reach the minimum number required they will be cancelled no later than 7 days before they are due to start.
- We may be required to cancel an individual class at short notice. Wherever possible we will endeavour to offer the class at a later date. If it is not possible to rearrange this class or you cannot attend the new date, a refund for the class will be given.
Cancellation by You
- Once you have completed your booking and received your emailed/verbal confirmation of enrolment or a dated payment receipt, you are deemed to have a contract with Step One. You have the right to cancel this contract with us. The cancellation period will expire at the end of 14 days after Step One fully accepts your application of enrolment. Cancelation must be in writing or by e-mail.
- After the cancellation period has expired consideration may be given, on a case by case basis, to requests to cancel where exceptional circumstances exist. A refund may be given or a credit note issued which can be used against future course fees. Students may be asked to provide supporting evidence, e.g. a medical certificate.
- Learners should be aware at the time of booking that, out of the statutory 14 day cancellation period, there is no automatic right to cancel and there will be no refund of fees.
- A 25% administration fee (of the total course fee at time of booking) will be charged for any refunds made outside of statutory obligations.
You will lose your right to cancel if the course has been fully completed during the cancellation period, and it began:
- After direct express agreement that the course may start during the cancellation period
- With direct acknowledgement that cancellation rights are lost once the course has been fully completed.