Join us in making a difference
Why choose us?
Step One is a leading third sector provider based in Devon, providing a range of mental health, supported living and employment services. We are a charity motivated by seeing people make progress and our aim is to work positively to empower people with the confidence, coping skills, hope and self-awareness to manage their mental health and take positive steps forward.
As an employer, we offer a range of benefits including a competitive annual leave allowance, training opportunities, group pension scheme, and an employee assistance programme. We are a Disability Confident and Mindful Employer, committed to promoting diversity and equality within our organisation.
For any recruitment queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will not accept applications directly to this email address, please click on the vacancies below to apply
- Registered Nurse (RMN/RNLD)We are seeking a qualified Registered Nurse to take a lead role in the delivery of comprehensive and effective recovery to people who look to us for support at Cypress Hospital. We will consider both full time and part time applicants for this role.Cypress Hospital is a 14 bed mixed gender, short-stay, open unit which provides a nurse-led acute step-down service for people who are in, or recovering from a… Read more »
- Associate NurseWe are seeking a qualified Nursing Associate to provide comprehensive and effective recovery support which enables people to take control of their future. Our Acute services are commissioned by NHS South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group. Cypress Hospital provides a nurse-led service for people who are in or recovering from a mental health crisis. We work closely with acute wards and crisis teams in the South Devon area to… Read more »
- Community Support WorkerAre you looking for a new career in a rewarding role that makes a real difference? We are currently looking for dedicated and committed full time, part time and bank Support Workers to join our strong and friendly Community Support team. Previous experience is not required as we will provide comprehensive induction and training.In this role you will be supporting people with autism spectrum condition, learning difficulties and mental health concerns… Read more »
- Admission and Discharge CoordinatorPost Title: Admission and discharge coordinator for Acute ServicesReports to: Acute Services ManagerLocation: Newton AbbotSalary: up to £28,353 (Pro rata) (Band 5)Contract: Permanent Part time – hours negotiable About Step One CharityStep One supports people to manage their mental health, achieve employment goals and live more independentlyWe encourage people to take a first step to being in control of their future and fulfilling their potential. Our services include mental health crisis… Read more »
- Case Manager (HMPPS CFO3) - Full TimeJob Title: HMPPS CF03 Case ManagerDepartment: Employment Services Reports to: CF03 Team Leader Main Purpose Manage a caseload of clients with complex needs; providing specialist support to overcome health and disability related barriers to social inclusion Provide specialist assessment, advice and guidance and signposting to internal and external training and support Work closely with the prime provider case management team and other partners; creating a “village” support… Read more »
What Our Staff Say About Us
“I like the ethos of what we do. I like that we treat people as individuals, and I am part of a fantastic team”