Crisis House (Granvue)
We provide a residential and drop-in service in south Devon for people with mental health issues who are experiencing challenges or who wish to minimise a potential crisis.
We offer support so people can work through the difficulties they might be facing to help to improve their wellbeing. We can also offer access to more intensive support, depending on individual needs.
We encourage people to develop their strengths, interests, hobbies, and plans for the future.
- 6 bedrooms available for crisis admission for short agreed periods of time
- Drop-in sessions on Wednesdays and Saturdays 6 – 9pm providing one-to-one support for up to 6 people in one session
- Self-management advice sessions provided by staff from our Daybreak service
- Support workers available 24 hours a day
- Accommodation for men and women
- Communal kitchen, dining area, lounge, and garden
Who can use this service
People in the Torbay or Teignbridge area who have mental health issues and are experiencing challenges or a potential crisis.
How to access
Referral through a:
- Mental Health Care Co-ordinator (drop-in sessions only)
- Psychiatric Liaison (drop-in sessions only)
- Crisis home resolution team
Lincombe Drive, Wellswood, Torquay, TQ1 2HH
- Accessible by car via M5 south, A38 and A380
- Parking is on-road
- The house is at the top of a steep driveway which may make access for people with limited mobility more difficult. Where possible we can offer ground floor bedroom and bathroom accommodation to people with limited mobility.
How it’s funded
We are commissioned to provide this service by South Devon and Torbay CCG.
Our service is rated as ‘good’ in all areas by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the independent regulator of health and social care in England. Please click here to see our latest CQC report.