Daybreak Learning Community
We offer free activities and courses for people who have mental health issues, their family, friends and the professionals that support them. Call 01803 557801.
We deliver most courses at our Daybreak centre in south Devon.
Courses and activities include:
- Managing anxiety
- Building self-esteem and assertiveness skills
- Understanding and learning ways to manage self-harming behaviours
- Other self-management sessions on issues like anger and promoting good sleep
We also run free Ageing Well courses for people aged 50 + covering topics such as improving self-esteem, managing emotions, and bereavement and loss.
All of our courses are co-designed and delivered by a trainer who has lived experience of mental health issues, and a professional trainer.
Read insights from our peer trainers and the difference Daybreak makes to them.
Watch interviews with some of our trainers.
Who can use this service
- People with mental health issues in Torbay and surrounding areas.
- Friends, family and supporters
- Professionals working with people with mental health issues
How to book
To find out more please call 01803 557801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
51 Totnes Road, Paignton TQ4 5LE
- 10 minute walk from Paignton train and bus station
- Accessible by car via M5 south, A38 and A380
- Parking is on-road, or Great Western and Station Lane car parks are close to Paignton train and bus station
Give your feedback
“We’ve all got different stories
But somehow we’re the same”
Read a poem from a participant in our Understand Self-Harm course
How it’s funded
Courses are free of charge. We fund our own courses, and also partner with Devon Recovery Learning Community.