Thriving Workplace is a programme designed for businesses and organisations interested in the mental wellbeing of their employees.
The cost of mental health
This is a growing issue for many employers. The stark statistics on the impact on businesses, underpin the cost if this isn’t addressed:
• Mental ill health costs UK employers an estimated £24.9 billion a year
• 57% of all work-related ill health issues were due to depression or anxiety
• 15.4 million working days were lost due to work related stress
Training courses range from a general introduction to mental health issues to more in-depth knowledge resulting in trained Mental Health First Aiders in the workplace.
All of our training is fully accredited and run by experts. Topics covered include:
• what is mental health and how to challenge stigma
• common mental health issues
• how to start a conversation
• how to look after your own mental health wellbeing
• how to support someone in distress or experiencing a mental health issue
Courses are held in our office in the centre of Exeter or can be delivered from your premises. Costs range from £95 to £300 per person. To book a course please click here.
We are happy to discuss bespoke courses and costs depending on your need.
Why choose us
Thriving Workplace is delivered by mental health charity Step One. Very few other organisations would have our breadth of experience of mental health issues:
• We have over 80 years’ experience of delivering a range of specialist mental health and employment support services
• We have worked with a number of local employers including Age UK and Landmark
• We are a Mindful Employer with a track record of employing people with mental health issues
• All the profit from our training courses is reinvested to increase the number of people we can help in the region