Community Support Worker (Torbay Community Access)
Closing Date: 18/09/2020
We are currently looking for a dedicated and committed individual to be part of our strong and friendly Community Support team based in Exeter city centre and working in the community across Torbay.
This post involves working on a pilot project, which involves working alongside the Community Mental Health Team to signpost individuals to services that can support with their mental health concerns. Through a creative and responsive approach you will build relationships with the people we support to improve their health and wellbeing and enable their emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs. A good knowledge of local services within the Torbay area is preferred.
What we would like from you:
- Compassion, integrity and patience
- A strong “can do” attitude
- Emotional resilience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A positive approach
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those we support
- Good knowledge of local services within the Torbay area
- A full UK driving license
What we can give to you:
- Travel costs
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction with ongoing training
- 33 days leave including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
To apply for this role, please click here.
Step One Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of those we look after. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.