Closing Date: 28th May 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated cook to join our team at Cypress Hospital.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 16-20 hours per week (Negotiable on Interview)
Our independent hospital in south Devon is a short-stay open unit, providing nurse-led support for people who are in or recovering from a mental health crisis.
We are seeking to recruit the right candidate who will provide delicious and healthy food for the people we support. This is a newly created role which as well as working within existing structures, also gives scope and encouragement to the candidate to create and develop their own systems.
You will be responsible for ordering, purchasing, preparing, cooking and delivery of the food. You must be able to offer suitable changes to the weekly menu as required to meet the needs of the service and the requirements of people being supported.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- To produce dishes in line with agreed menus to the required standards
- To comment on and where possible contribute to menu planning and service development
- To maintain food safety, cleanliness and hygiene standards within the department and ensure that all work is carried out in line with Health and Safety and organizational policies and procedures to ensure safe working practice
- To understand and keep abreast of Food Standards Agency legislation and best practice guidance and to record statutory food safety records evidencing required food hygiene and infection prevention and control measures.
- To have an understanding of safe practice concerning allergens.
- To maintain portion control, stock ordering and ensure all operational practices are undertaken to budgetary constraints
- To store goods correctly and use stock on a rotational basis to minimise food wastage
- To correctly use and take care of all equipment and materials associated with tasks and immediately report any faults to the hospital manager
- Ensure that professional knowledge and competency is maintained through undertaking mandatory training and other training for the role Participate as a full member of the team, e.g. supporting and training other staff, participating in team meetings, working flexibly as required to cover other members of the team.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as prescribed by manager and within scope of skill and capability
- To be able to work within a budget
We are not just looking for a cook – we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person, who will thrive being part of a friendly and professional team.
There is a requirement to be flexible and able to adapt to your workload in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment. Experience is desirable but a positive attitude is essential.
Please email your completed application form to HR@steponecharity.co.uk or post to post to Human Resources, Step One, Beaufort House, 51 New North Road, Exeter, EX4 4EP.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 28th May 2019.