Closing Date: 03/08/2020
In this standalone and hands-on generalist role, as HR Manager you will be working closely with the Executive Team and Service Managers to deliver a professional and value-added HR service to all stakeholders.
The role will commence in a remote capacity and interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Responsibilities and tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing and developing HR policies and procedures
- Develop and implement HR strategies in line with the overall business strategy
- Providing HR advice to all employees
- Applying HR knowledge and evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- Providing HR administration and ensuring compliance with legislation
- Managing and resolving complex employee relation casework such as absence management, dispute resolution, performance management, redundancies, investigations, disciplinaries and grievances
- Managing the full recruitment process
- Ensure all monthly payroll changes are submitted accurately on time, including collating data for payroll, including holidays, sickness and overtime
Education and work experience requirements:
- Level 5 CIPD qualification or equivalent required/Level 7 CIPD qualification desirable
- 5 years minimum experience in a HR generalist role
- Experience of managing the full recruitment cycle
- Strong and current knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
- Experience of managing complex employee relations casework
- Ability to effectively prioritise – the role is broad and the ability to prioritise value tasks with the day to day HR operations is key
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Proven ability to create positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Similar experience in a healthcare setting is desirable
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working patterns considered
- 33 days annual leave entitlement inclusive of bank holidays
- Central Exeter office location with excellent transport links
- Opportunities for Continued Professional Development
To apply for the role, please click here.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable applicant is found.
Step One Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of those we look after. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.