Closing Date: 08/07/2020
We are seeking a qualified Occupational Therapist to join our Acute Services team in Newton Abbot, which offers residential support for people who are experiencing mental health crisis. This is on a part-time basis of 22.5 hrs per week.
As part of the Occupational Therapy team, this role will be to ensure that those being supported by our Acute Services team are provided with an occupational therapy assessment of discharge support needs. You will develop comprehensive care plans to facilitate discharge and provide effective guidance and supervision to the team, to ensure plans are followed and reviewed on a regular basis. You will work closely with the Acute Service Manager to ensure that people receive skilled recovery practice to the highest standard and take responsibility for recovery qualities communication within our service and the wider community.
We are looking for applicants with the following;
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- State registration with HCPC
- Understanding of Recovery Principles in Mental Health
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Excellent analytical and judgement skills
- IT competent (including all Microsoft software)
- Flexibility to work shifts on a rota basis – including weekends and bank holidays
- Full driving licence and own transport
What we can offer in return;
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced DBS costs covered
- Comprehensive induction with ongoing supervision and training
- 33 days leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
To apply for this role, please click here – Occupational Therapist
Step One Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of those we look after. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.