Occupational Therapy Assistant
Closing Date: 29/09/2020
We are looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to be part of the multi-disciplinary team based at Cypress Hospital. Cypress is a recovery-focused, compassionate and dynamic mental health hospital that is part of the NHS acute care pathway in Devon.
In this role you will offer practical support to enable people to overcome difficulties in carrying out day-to-day activities and support people with discharge planning. You will do this by implementing treatment plans and interventions as designated by the Occupational Therapist.
What we are looking for:
- GCSE English or equivalent at grade C or above
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Ability to inspire confidence
- Accurate record-keeping skills, including IT competence and written English
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Observation and problem-solving skills to make assessments and monitor individual’s progress
- Proven commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Commitment and drive to assist in providing the highest quality of care possible
- Willingness to demonstrate and teach practical such as cooking, leisure activities, art and crafts, gardening and personal care
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility to work shifts on a rota basis – including weekends and bank holidays
What we can offer you:
- 33 days annual leave entitlement inclusive of bank holiday
- Opportunities for continuing professional development
- Opportunity to be part of a workforce that is passionate about supporting people to take positive steps forward
- Beautiful South Devon location with good transport links
Please click here to apply for the role.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable applicant be found.
Step One Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of those we look after. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.