Senior Support Worker
Closing Date: 12th November 2019
We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our Crisis House Support team in Newton Abbot.
The Senior Support Worker will support the Acute Services Manager and Clinical Lead to:
- Manage the Crisis House Support team on a day to day basis, providing appropriate direction to staff
- Provide induction, supervision, advice and guidance to a team of staff
- Ensure the service provides high quality safe, effective and responsive support
- Promote and improve the quality of support services provided, so that growth of existing services can be achieved, and performance can exceed expectation
- Ensure all services are delivered according to organisational policy
- Deliver effective team supervision skills to the Crisis House Team
- Provide effective shift leadership and guidance to Support Workers to ensure delivery is consistently of a high standard
- Participate in self-management and recovery groups for people who use the service and ensure the team have confidence in using self-management tools to support people to become more self-reliant.
- Participate in regular audit and monitoring of delivery, providing a cycle of timely reports to the manager and corporate colleagues as required.
- Liaise with people we support, their families/supporters and professionals to monitor and review support as outlined in individual plans.
- Have an understanding of the broad principals of the Recovery Approach and incorporate them into all aspects of work
- Ensure a constant focus on recovery and self-management for the people we support, preparing people for a positive discharge back to their home.
- Follow management direction, to ensure all staff develop and maintain a high level of specialist knowledge and skills.
- Provide regular supervision, coaching and appraisal to support workers.
- Monitor and review staffing rota and ensure adequate staffing provided to the service at all times.
- Ensure timely action is taken in the event of non-compliance, underperformance or serious incidents, in order to safeguard the wellbeing of people we support.
- Ensure that all records are maintained in compliance with policy, professional standards and regulation.
- Maintain and develop joint working relationships across Step One services and external partners including Devon Partnership NHS Trust.
- Ensure that professional practice guidelines requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure practice and procedure adheres to the requirements and terms within relevant legalisation and internal policy and procedures. This will include the timely and accurate recording of all appropriate information.
- Ensure that properties are maintained in good order and meets legislative requirements through regular and recorded risk assessment.
To apply for this role, please send your completed application form and CV, quoting reference SSW to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step One Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of those we look after. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.